Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sneak Preview - Day 3

Today I wanted to share one of the stamps from the "Charming Gardeners" set.  You'll be seeing a lot of this set because it is so pretty!

A Muse Studio Sneak Peek!
I stamped the large fern on Sugar paper in Burano (light, bright red), Bellini (light orange), and Grapefruit (warm, bright pink) ink.  See how nicely the Grapefruit pairs with other colors?  I matted each one against cardstock to match the ink and then mounted it with foam tape onto Slate paper.  Sentiment from the "Essential Sentiments" set is stamped with Black Versafine ink.

All Supplies from A Muse Studio.
  • Stamps: Charming Gardners (new!)
  • Ink: Burano (new!), Bellini (new!), Grapefruit (new!), Black Versafine
  • Cardstock: Burano (new!), Bellini (new!), Grapefruit (new!),Slate, Sugar
Fun fact for the day:
Burano is an island city just off the coast of Venice in Italy.  It is famous for its brightly-colored rows of houses.  Legend has it that each house was painted a unique color so the fishermen who lived there could find their way home.  In any case it looks so beautiful and it is on my list of places I dearly want to visit!

2 comments:

Penny said...

Beautiful card, and I loved reading about the legend of the fishermen and their houses, it reminds me of the "painted ladies" the house in San Francisco, that are painted in bright colors. Love Penny P.S. The stamps are great too!

Penny said...

PPS. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to comment on my blog! Love Penny