Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Sneak Preview - Day 5

Are you feeling festive today!?  It's Birthday time!  This card shows off two new sets: "Hey Cupcake" and "On Broadway Alphabet"  It also features some of the new Signature colors: Grapefruit, Pistachio & Grape.
A Muse Studio Sneak Peek!
This card started out simple, because I was going to stamp it all on a Pistachio card front.  But then I decided the candles needed to be white so I could get just the right colors with my Copics.  And I didn't like the way I stamped the alpha for "Happy" So I decided to cut the letters out individually after stamping with Grape and embossing with the Diamond.  The "Birthday" from Hey Cupcake needed to be matted to make it stand out and then the row of candles...well, those candles just weren't going to make me happy until I cut each and every one of them and mounted them!  So it took much longer than I thought it would but I love the results!

All supplies from A Muse Studio.
  • Stamps: Hey Cupcake (new!), On Broadway Alphabet (new!)
  • Cardstock:  Grapefruit (new!), Pistachio (new!), Grape (new!) and Sugar
  • Inks: Grape (new!), Onyx, Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Diamond Embossing Powder
  • 3D Foam Squares
  • Copic markers: 0, W2, Y08, Y17, BG10, B02, BV00, R32
Tip of the Day:
Have you tried our 3D Foam Mounting Squares yet?  I use them on almost every card I make and they are pre-cut in different sizes to make them so convenient!  The smallest size was perfect for the candles and alpha and saved me time since I didn't have to cut each piece to fit!  There are 442 pieces in a package for $3.95 so I think it's a great buy!

No comments: