Monday, September 12, 2011

Marker Mondays - September Part II

All supplies available from A Muse Studio

 For September we are using the following three Copic colors and the clear blender pen
  •  R32 - Peach
  • YG21 - Anise
  • B24 - Sky Blue
  •  0 - Blender Pen
This card is a simple card but it is so cute!  I cut my card base out of the Clouds paper and then used my Square Nestabilities to make a die cut in the front of the card.  The stamping is done on the inside of the card with the Black Memento ink.  Bicycles are so popular right now and I love the cute sentiment we have for this one: "Keep calm. Ride on."

Remember we are only using three colors here so I started by coloring the dark parts of the bike first with the Sky Blue.  Then I added the light parts using Anise.  Can you see how I feathered that into the blue parts to blend it?  It's the little touches that add so much to your image here. The basket is colored using Anise and Peach.  I blended them a tiny bit on part of the basket to make a third color to add some interest to the woven texture.

This image is so cute and tiny there's not a lot of room for blending so we are done!  If you want to add a bit of shadow under the wheels you can use your blender pen and the Sky Blue to add a wee bit of color there to help ground the image.  Hopefully you stamped plenty of extra images in your workbook so you can experiment!

Detail of finished colored image
Supplies Used:
  • Vintage A Muse Stamp Set
  • Paper - Sugar, Clouds
  • Memento Black Pad
  • Copic Marker - Colorless Blender
  • Copic Marker -  R32 - Peach
  • Copic Marker - YG21 - Anise
  • Copic Marker - YG21 - Anise
  • B24 - Sky Blue
  • Nestabilities Squares - Large
Vintage A Muse



All Supplies Available from A Muse Studio

I will be holding a monthly workshop in my home in Huntington Beach, CA so let me know if you want to join me. 

1 comment:

Monica K. said...

This is so cute!! I just received the cloud paper in my latest order and I love how you used it here. Need to get it out and try this!