Sunday, October 28, 2007

Happy Halloween!

Well, 3 more days left of my "vacation" (You remember--the one I took in July where we did things in Southern California!?) and then we can "go back" to Japan! I know you're dying to hear about the 6 story stamping store, aren't you!? Well, today, let's take a craft break and see some art instead! Wednesday is Halloween, so let's get into the spirit!

We went to Matt's Dad's house today and Polly had the nicest Alter set up for Dia de los Muertes. She does it every year, but this year was extra special. Sorry, I didn't take a picture. It had some beautiful Mexican art skeletons and alters and a sugar skull. She put out flowers and photos of loved ones who passed. She will put out some foods later too. What a sweet way to remember the ones we miss--I wish we celebrated it when I was a kid.


The witch card at the top is something I made for a local contest. I wanted to use colors that were a little bit different than usual. I love that leggy witch with her black cat!

This Postcard I made for a friend in the UK. Luckily it got there in time with the postal strike going on there!

I had some dark charcoal glossy cardstock that I embossed a spiderweb and sentiment on in black. The sentiment didn't stick out enough so I outlined it in my white Signo pen (dang--I love that thing!) and I colored part of it orange for fun.

Then I embossed the cat and leaves in white and painted them using my new alcohol inks. The embossing came off a bit in places, giving a worn and spooky look! I'm not sure if the alcohol inks disolved the embossing or if it was just old power or what, but it was a fun experiment.


I did the back in plain black with embossing. I think I like the back better than the front! I'm always so boring and simple--a plain black spiderweb is all I need to keep happy, ha ha!

Hope you have a great Halloween! I made some fun cards this weekend, and if I get a chance I'll try to post them before Wednesday!
:)

2 comments:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Your postcard is wonderful! Love how those colors just stand out! I don't have any black glossy cs... will have to work on that!

Sue McGettigan said...

Such cool projects Lianne - the DDLM altar sounds fab too! Thanks for the super-sweet Halloween card :)