Monday, August 01, 2011

Marker Mondays

Do you want to learn how to use - Copics with me?  Let's start a new adventure where you can learn and have an easy way to start your Copic collection without having to buy a ton of markers at once.  With my class we will use three markers each month (plus the blender pen) to make some awesome creations.  I picked some of my favorite and most useful colors so we will have a great collection and actually be able to use the markers we have.  We will end up with workbook pages and two cards each month using our three colors.

Workbook Cover
For my workbook cover you can see that I used one flower for each of the five months and colored  each flower using the three monthly colors.  I used Kraft paper for fun but you can use whatever you want.

For August we will use the following three Copic colors:
  • 0 - Blender Pen
  • R29 - Lipstick Red
  • Y17 - Golden Yellow
You can use Ciaos, Sketch or you can buy the Originals from my A Muse Studio Webstore (or anywhere else you like).

Here are the other supplies I used for the August Workbook and almost everything is available from A Muse Studios or feel free to substitute your favorite brands.
  • Kraft Cardstock
  • Sugar Cardstock
  • Vanilla Cardstock
  • School Lined Cardstock 
  • Marvelous Marigolds Stamp set
  • Personal Stationery Stamp Set (optional)
  • Memento Black Ink
  • Memento Rich Cocoa Ink (optional)
  • Copic Multiliner (I use the 0.5 size) 
  • Corner Rounder
  • Crop-a-Dile or hole punch
  • Scrap of Cellophane paper wrapper
  • 2" Metal Ring (from office supply store)
To start your workbook cut the papers to 8.5" x 4.25" as following:
  • 2 Kraft (for the covers)
  • 2 Sugar
  • 1 Vanilla
  • 1 School Lined
Round the right side's corners and  punch a hole in the left corner using your crop-a-dile.  The metal ring is to hold it together when we're done.  I recommend working on the pages individually and put them in the ring after you finish.  Otherwise your Copics may bleed through to the next page and it won't look as clean!

Marvelous Marigolds
Vintage A Muse

I will also be holding a monthly workshop in my home in Huntington Beach, CA so let me know if you want to join me.  

No comments: