Tuesday, January 01, 2013

One Little Word - 2013

Cloud paper and dies available from my A Muse Studio Store
I wish you all a wonderful, healthy and prosperous new year.  Each year I try to pick a word to focus on as a way to "set my course" and keep on track with things throughout the year. 
PS: I just found out that they are discontinuing both the cloud paper and dies and they are only available until Jan 31, 2013 (or until supplies last!)  I'm really going to miss these products--they are some of my favorites ever!

This year I decided that my word should be "up!"  To help keep up with it a little better than I did last year (which was not at all, ha ha!) I decided to sign up for Ali Edwards "One Little Word" class.  I thought this would make the word more visible to me than in years past and I could really get into using my word as a tool for personal introspection and growth.  To go along with the task I updated a little book from an old notebook I got at a trade show.  I discarded the branded cover and added a new cute cover with some of my favorite paper and cloud punches from A Muse Studio to make my new upcycled book.

Don't you think the cloud paper is adorable!?  Hopefully it will remind me to look up and keep my thinking upscale this year.  The words are made using Bodoni font which I just love for its happy feel. Doesn't this just want to make you sing "Up, up and away in my beautiful balloon"? 

I cut the cloud dies out with the new electronic Craftwell eBosser that they are letting me borrow for a couple of weeks so I can review it and put it through it's paces.  So far I am LOVING it and I plan to upgrade from my old purple Wizard soon.  The eBosser cut through chipboard like butter and just went through the machine with no fuss and absolutely no effort on my part.  It cuts up to 8.5x11" too so you can cut multiple dies at once.  You don't have to worry about putting something too thick through the machine and breaking it.  If you try, it simply gives a gentle beep and backs the machine up for you. 


2 comments:

AmethystCat said...

sooo cute! love this journal!

Dinner Cruise On The Bosphorus said...

I am very happy to find this site. I want to thank you for this great information!! I surly enjoyed every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out the new stuff you post.