Thursday, June 09, 2011

Bunny Love!

Marianne Walker from Copic, CHA Winter 2011
I think Marianne Walker is awesome!  She is
one of the instructors for Copic and I got my certification from her a few years ago.  On top of being a great teacher and super nice she is an awesome artist!  Sometimes we are lucky enough to be able to purchase her art.  She designed the cutest set of Bunny stamps for Our Craft Lounge and the second I saw it I knew I would have to have it.

Above she is showing off her original art that matches one of the stamps.  You can see her amazing Copic coloring tutorial here.

Our Craft Lounge Stamps from Stampin' EJ
Our Craft Lounge Stamps from Stampin' EJ
Since I know I can't compete with her amazing Copic skills on the parasol bunnies I thought I would try my hand at the lovely image of the bunny family in the ginger jar.  I wanted to use non-frilly colors and give a different feel to the image so I started with some beautiful washi paper and took my color scheme from there.  I picked up the golden colors to use for the jar and accented with the same greens and pinks.  For this card I used a combination of Copics and Prismacolor Pencils to get just the right look.

The floral spray on the side is colored entirely in pencil to match the paper and the jar.  The ribbon was colored with my Copics to get just the right match.  It works wonderfully but will make your ribbon a bit stiffer than usual.  The jar is colored in Copics but then I added some auburn pencil over the copics in the corners to make the shadows deeper and richer.
Our Craft Lounge Stamps from Stampin' EJ

Finally we come to the sweet girl holding a bunny.  If you want to see how Marianne colored it then click here.  I decided to use my blender pen and dye ink to color this image.  The left side of the gatefold uses some lovely washi paper and the right side has the image embossed using copper EP.  then I made a watercolor effect by putting some ink onto the lid of the stamp pad and then using a blender pen as a brush.

1 comment:

Cindy John 3:16 stampartistry.blogspot.com said...

LUV the "bunnies under the umbrella" image - where can I get it?