Saturday, December 23, 2006

A Holiday Survey...


Here's a survey I swiped from some of my pal's blogs!

1. Egg nog or hot chocolate?
Can't stand egg nog;love Hot Chocolate!


2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Well, I don't think he is the one who actually wraps them--I think he has elves to do that sort of thing!


3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
We have white on our tree, but I'm thinking of switching back to colored.


4. Do you hang mistletoe?
I used to, but I haven't seen any in quite a few years!


5. When do you put your decorations up?
I like to do it right around St. Nicholas Day, December 6th. The last couple of years it's been pretty hectic and a last-minute sort of thing. I just finished decorating last night!


6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Silly goose! It's always been Pierogies--Polish dumplings! Nothing like having them fried up on Christmas morning! Tamales are my second-favorite.


7. Favorite holiday memory as a child:
I loved making cookies with mom! I remember one year we made over 150 dozen cookies--We were like a baking factory!


8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I feel like I always knew. I remember pretending like I believed, just so I would get gifts from "Santa!"


9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Depends on the year.


10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
Lots of clear, white, and handmade ornaments.


11. Snow! Love it or dread it?
GAK! Why do you think I won't move from So Cal!? It looks pretty on TV, but I don't want it in my neighborhood!


12. Can you ice skate?
Never even tried it--I'm pretty uncoordinated and clumsy, so that's just asking for trouble at my age, LOL!


13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
When I was 9 or 10 I used to collect the ones with tiny, thimble-sized cups! They were painted with tiny floral patterns and edged in gold. I got one for Christmas one year that was my very favorite! It had violets painted on it and was so delicate!


14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Seeing family--some folks I only get to see once a year and it's so important to me to see everyone together.


15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
MMMMMM! Every year it's just not Christmas without our special Cherry-filled cookies!


16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Making Pierogies and cookies and looking through all my favorite ornaments as I decorate the tree! I also have a collection of St. Nicholas (not Santa) figures that I put on the mantle. I love getting them out and placing them just-so! In case you didn't know, St. Nicholas was a Bishop; he always wears a Mitre and carries a crozier (cane). He is the patron saint of children and young women, among others.


17. What tops your tree?
An angel. I prefer a star, but Matt wanted an angel so badly that I got him one for a gift the first year we married.


18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving?
Giving. I always feel so awkward getting gifts.


19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
"Grandma got run over by a reindeer!" I like quirky things!


20. Candy canes:
Love them!


21. Favorite Christmas movie?
"A christmas Story" and "Miracle on 34th St." But really I love all the Christmas movies--especially those animated ones from the 70's like Charlie Brown and Rudolph (gotta love the Heat-Miser, LOL!)


22. What do you leave for Santa?
I used to leave cookies and milk when I was a kid, but Mrs. Claus told me he's dieting so I don't leave them out anymore!

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Lianne,
I loved reading your responses to this and have found the same Christmas Meme on some other blogs, so I decided to add my own, too.

I also wanted to say, "Thank You!" for being a wonderful friend!!!!

Babsarella said...

Love your survey and the responses!!! I have a collection of Santas too (not just St. Nick though). We usually enjoy pierogies on New Year's Eve since we have friends to make them from scratch. Yum!