Friday, May 01, 2009

Baby Fever!

Well, it has been a whirlwind of babies around here lately! My SIL (the one who was engaged and pushed up her wedding, planned everything in a month and got married a couple of weeks ago!) had an "emergency" baby adoption that was the cause of the shortened wedding time.

She got word from a friend of a friend of a friend that someone was giving birth and was going to leave her baby at the hospital because she didn't want to keep him. So instead of abandoning the baby to be left with social services, the birth mother gave the baby to someone who has wanted children for so very long! Nena went to the hospital that very day to pick up her sweet and precious newborn.

She and Carlos have a long adoption process to go through but they are some of the happiest parents ever! I helped them out by making emergency birth announcements (80 of them!) to mail out.

Pictures today are the birth announcements, an extra card I made while making them, and the card I made for her shower.

In the meantime, Lena (one of my other SIL's) found out that she is pregnant and she also getting married soon (at the end of the month). She is due in October and I know that she and Joe will have a beautiful baby! Today I found out that my cousin Laurel is also pregnant and her due date is in January. I am thrilled for everyone!

Details: Precious One shower card uses Hambly transparency, Stampin Up and Hanko Designs papers and Cosmo Cricket rubons. Punch is by EK Success.

Happy New Baby announcement and card use papers by Prism, Amuse Art Stamps and Hanko Designs. Stamps by Stampin' Up.

6 comments:

Sue McGettigan said...

Wow Lianne, it's baby central around you, watch out for all those hormones!! Lovely cards and projects, you're so great to help out so quickly! I love to hear that a baby given up for adoption has found a loving home, that's the best news.

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Wow, what a story, that is wonderful - but just as wonderful is the cards you created. just beautiful!

Anne said...

Hi, Lianne! Wow! 80 cards? You are a great friend. Congratulations on the new arrival! :-)

Cathy said...

What a wonderful story! Congratulations!!! {I'm assuming you are now an auntie?} What a precious gift!

I've also awarded you the Kreativ Blogger Award! Stop by my blog to pick up the award and all the little details!

Lisa Renéa said...

What an adorable photo! Your cards are beautiful as always! 80 cards? WOW!
Congrats to your family!

Annie said...

These are just darling. What a wonderful story.

Hugs
Annie