Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Hey, Ma! Guess what I made!?

I took a beading class 2 weekends ago and here is the product of my class. My very first pieces using wire stringing techniques. The nice lady at the shop did the wirework for me on a vintage Chinese coin that I picked up in Macau. I picked out the beads and colors and did the stringing. I used a combination of cheap and expensive beads but I liked the mixture of sizes, colors and shapes. I used real and fake turquoise--I wish I had some real turquoise chips to use--maybe someday I will find some that are just right and then I can restring it from scratch. In the meantime I was happy to create something new.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very lovely! I like the various colors...goes with everything!

Unknown said...

love the color/texture combo!

Shell said...

It looks great! good job!

Anonymous said...

hhhmmmm now this is nice...great color combination.....

Anne said...

Wooo-hooo! Congratulations to you! Looks like you had fun at class! :-)

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous! I'd love to learn some beading! IT's on my to do list!