Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Gourmet Feast

Oh, Joy! We have been looking forward to tonight's dinner for weeks! Matt decided to sign us up for a gourmet dinner at the local Italian restaurant that we love. I've never gone to one of these fancy dinners before, so it is such a treat. And for the price, I figure it will be a very long time before I get to go again, ha ha!

I usually try to avoid the whole restaurant experience for holidays like this because I hate crowds, cold food, bad service and the whole range of things that go along with having too many people try to force a romantic time on each other on a certain day of the year. Call me a curmudgeon, but I'd rather have a thermos of soup on the beach, or stay home and have a quiet evening together and celebrate the holiday on a different day. But this menu was so tempting I can't wait for tonight! I'm going to try to eat a very light lunch so I have a good appetite for dinner.

Prosciutto Wrapped Roasted Asparagus
Topped with Parmigiano Chese
Paired with Suggested Wine
Cauliflower Soup
With Seared Scallop and Lemon Oil
Paired with Suggested Wine
Pasta Envoltini
Stuffed with Ricotta Cheese, Spinach, Parmigiano Chese, Crab Meat, and Asparagus topped in a Saffron Cream Sauce
Paired with Suggested Wine
Osso Bucco and Shrimp Scampi
Veal Shank topped with Onion, Celery, Carrots, Porcini Mushrooms in a Light Marinara Sauce with a Bed of Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Paired with Suggested Wine
Salad
String Beans and Potatoes tossed in a Vinaigrette Dressing with a Bed of Spinach
Paired with Suggested Wine
Dessert
Mile High Espresso Pie
Coffee
Now even though there's a few things I won't be having on this menu, I have a feeling I won't be going hungry. And five different wine courses will be plenty, so I am glad we will be walking home after this feast! I hope your Valentine's Day is lovely and enjoyable today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That menu sounds great! Especially the wines... ;-) Have a great time!

Julie Prichard said...

omg- that menu!! Italian tonight :)